Thursday, June 23, 2016

So Long, Farewell Auf Wiedersehen Adieu

Here I am, patiently waiting at my gate, where my plane will board for London in just over an hour. What a blessing it is to have actually slept decently last night. Big ups to Zopiclone and Melatonin, couldn't have done it without you. In all seriousness though, yesterday's emotionally charged farewell took me by surprise. I didn't actually get tearful myself, but I felt the heaviness which comes with saying goodbye to something that you have grown used to. By something I mean the people and the spirit of the place. I'm officially finished teaching at MNS-B and it has been so rewarding, challenging, enlightening and educational (I mean you hope working in a school is going to be an educational experience). I will be staying in touch with the many colleagues and friends I have made in my time there - though no doubt our contact with dwindle over time... #realtalk. Even the occasional Facebook message or email will be a nice thing to continue with, however infrequent. I have decided I will commit to furthering my knowledge of Arabic. There are even a few members of staff who are from Arabic and French speaking countries like Tunisia (maybe I should live there a few months?!)

For now though, it's new adventures! There are places to go and people to see. I'm so glad I caved and bought those Florence and the Machine tickets - I already had Beyoncé tickets booked for the day after...two goddesses in one weekend. I'm ready!

I'll keep this one short, because there isn't much to report. (Unintentional rhyming.)

I'll be okay though, because... I got Oreos in my bag, swag.

No comments :

Post a Comment