Saturday, February 20, 2016

Night Clubbing?

So I've had a few nights on the town...and it is strange to have waited so long to be of legal drinking age in New Zealand, only to move to a country where the age is 21 years. However, apparently no one bothers to ID minors (particularly white female minors, like myself) and if a bouncer or bartender asks your age, as long as you tell them you are 21, you are believed. It is madness I tell you! But oooh those cocktails were good. In hindsight, it is quite a different feeling going to bars/clubs when you are in a foreign country, underage and with family and other-people-that-they-know-but-you-don't-know, compared to with friends and you are legal in your own country. All part of the experience I suppose.

I go back to work tomorrow, and while I'm not excited about resuming the 6am starts, I am happy to get back into some kind of routine. Also, boringly, I'm keen to set up a Bahrain bank account so I can begin to transfer my savings and see some tangible money-making, as opposed to wads of cash.

This feels like quite a bland blog post, but I guess the mundane will be interesting to at least my parents. Better short and sweet than long and...not sweet?

If you're interested, please check out my channel where I'm trying to upload vlogs frequently. As they say, a picture paints a thousand words, so a video must paint a million pictures, right? Below is my most recent vlog: a short lil tour of the mosque I visited.




No comments :

Post a Comment